Foundations, slopes, and tunnels are some of the geotechnical works that require the precise analysis of safety factors. This course will introduce reliable and fast approaches to perform limit analyses with the finite element software Optum G2.
In particular, the determination of safety factors, upper and lower bounds, and the strength reduction analysis. The course has a strong practical and interactive component; participants will apply the concepts using the Finite Element software Optum G2.
- Basics of the Finite Element Limit Analysis (SR-FELA)
- Failure criteria in drained and undrained conditions
- Performing limit analysis with Optum G2
- Shallow foundation analysis with FELA
- Study of slope stability safety factors
A discount equal to the course fee will be applied to the purchase of a 1-year Optum G2 license! If you are interested in participating in more than one Optum Crash Course contact us to apply for a discount.
- Prof. Lyesse Laloui, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Prof. Kristian Krabbenhoft, University of Liverpool, UK
- Dr. Jose A. Bosch, Nesol - Numerical Engineering Solutions